Why do you think it is important to get your teeth cleaned? Let's break it down.
- It will help prevent cavities
Plaque builds up on your teeth overtime and leads to tooth decay if unattended. At minimum brushing and flossing daily is a great start but it is equally if not more important to get a deep cleaning from the experts! Otherwise the plaque which is an acidic substance can eat away at the tooth enamel and that my friends cannot be overturned. Make sure you're doing your part and let us do ours.
- Stops tooth lossGum disease, which starts with built-up plaque, is a major cause of tooth loss in adults. As gum disease advances, plaque moves further down the tooth where it can destroy the supporting bone in your jaw, causing teeth to loosen and fall out. Luckily, the chance of this happening to you can be greatly reduced through regular dental cleanings combined with good oral hygiene habits.
- Let's Brighten that smile
Habits such as Drinking coffee, soda tea and wine or using tobacco as well as many other causes can stain your teeth. A dental cleaning can remove built-up stains and leave you with freshly polished teeth. Happy teeth, happier you and a brighter, whiter smile!
- Freshen your breathHaving good oral hygiene is the best way to prevent persistent bad breath. Even if you brush and floss regularly, getting a cleaning is a great way to keep your mouth healthy and odor-free.
- Boost your overall healthTaking care of your mouth and teeth can really pay off for your long-term overall health! Studies have shown a connection between oral and overall health.1 Regular dental cleanings may help lower your risk for some diseases, like heart disease and stroke.2 Many medical conditions, some of them life-threatening, can be detected in their early stages by your dentist during a routine oral exam.3
- Save moneyGet the most value from your dental benefits. Most Wisconsin Dental Center plans have low or no copayments/coinsurance for dental cleanings and oral exams.4 If you take advantage of your benefits now, you may be able to save money in the long run by helping to protect your oral health and potentially avoiding more costly and extensive procedures.
We look forward to seeing you in the office and helping your smile! :)