- If you choose to do it on your own, teeth whitening can be really sensitive and there's a chance that it could hurt a lot.
- It is good to visit your dentist before whitening your teeth because there are certain scenarios that may cause it not to be successful, or reasons why you shouldn't do it.
- Everything should be charted and included in your treatment plan and overlooked by your dentist to ensure quality and safeness.
- Overall peace of mind. You can trust the product and procedure. Good to talk through the instructions with us, we will make sure you understand how to properly apply the process for best results.
- The custom tray is a personalized fit specifically for your mouth and yours only. This will ensure complete coverage and an exact fit just for you!
Over-the-counter teeth whitening products are easily found in stores. They include: teeth bleaching trays with whitening gel, teeth whitening strips, and laser tooth whitening kits to name a few. These are all teeth whitening procedures you can do at home yourself.
The catch is, in order for teeth bleaching trays to work effectively, they have to fit just right. Since the trays that you find in teeth bleaching kits in the stores were not made specifically for your teeth, they probably won’t fit as perfectly as a tray that is custom-made for you when you come into the office. Most store-bought teeth bleaching kits are less effective than professional teeth bleaching done in a dentist’s office, due to the fact that the ingredients in the teeth whitening gels simply aren’t as strong as the ones that our dentists will provide.
This application of teeth whitening requires a set of trays to be molded to your teeth to ensure that they fit securely. In our office we use a system, which provides you with dental trays that are specifically designed to seal the whitening gel to the teeth, keeping out contamination from saliva that affects how well the gel works.
Once you receive your trays we will send you home with the teeth whitening gel that you can apply in the convenience of your own home and a time of your choosing. This method usually takes multiple applications over the series of a couple of weeks. Depending on the strength of the gel you may choose to apply it overnight or some only require an hour or two.
We also suggest that you brush your teeth before and after with toothpaste that is specifically made to help with sensitivity when whitening your teeth at home. Floss every day.
Today, cosmetic dentistry is more popular than ever, from whitening and shaping to closing spaces and replacing teeth. Our dentists have a wide array of tools and techniques at their disposal for improving the look of your smile. If you're interested in learning more or coming in for a consultation, we're happy to help. Follow the link to schedule an appointment or call us at 414-321-9900. We're excited to hear from you and look forward to enhancing your smile!
Have a good or bad experience with teeth whitening? We'd love to hear about it in the comments below. We're here for you! :)