Take a good look and measure what it's worth...
We're here to help you empower yourself.
Cosmetic Dentistry - WDC cares about your smile and your story behind it.
Today Cosmetic Dentistry is more popular than ever. It makes us so happy when we can help improve our patients smiles and their overall self confidence in some cases. We want to be there for you. In our office, the connections we have built mean so much to us, and we're always excited to hear more, be more and empower if we can. Think about the big moments in your life, things that are coming in the future, and just as important your day-to-day grind. A smile goes a long way and sometimes we can take our own for granted...
Ways to Give Your Smile A Little Extra Love:
- Teeth Whitening: It is common as we age for our teeth to become stained or discolored. Especially after smoking, taking certain medications, or consuming certain foods and beverages such as coffee, tea, high sugar content, "junk" food, etc. Using a chemical process, we create a custom mouthpiece tray that ensures the right amount of whitening solution reaches your teeth. Click to learn more from Dr. Zak and Dr. Linh.
- Crowns: A fitted prosthetic device or "cap" that completely covers the tooth. It can strengthen a damaged tooth and improve its appearance, shape or alignment. A crown can also be placed on top of an implant to provide a tooth-like shape and structure for function. We recommend a crown to: replace a large filling when there isn't enough tooth remaining, protect a weak tooth from fracturing, restore a fractured tooth, attach a bridge, cover a dental implant, cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth or cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment.
- Bridges: Commonly used to replace one or more missing teeth. Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a bad bite. The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders. Bridges are cemented to the natural teeth or implants surrounding the empty space. The success of your bridge depends upon its foundation. So, remember that oral hygiene to keep remaining teeth healthy is particularly important if you wear a bridge. On average they last five-seven years.
- Implants: a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is surgically positioned into the jawbone beneath the gum line that allows your dentist to mount replacement teeth or bridge into that area. An implant doesn't come loose like a denture can. Dental implants also benefit general oral health because they do not have to be anchored to other teeth, like bridges. Feels and looks like a normal tooth and makes it easier to eat and speak. More "bang for your buck."
- Bonding: We apply an etching solution followed by tooth-colored materials -- sometimes composite resins -- directly to the tooth's surface where needed to repair a decayed, chipped, fractured, discolored tooth, to make teeth appear longer and enhance overall appearance of the teeth. One of the easier fixes and least expensive options.
- Dentures: custom-made replacements for missing teeth and can be taken out and put back into your mouth. While dentures take some getting used to, and will never feel exactly the same as natural teeth, today's dentures are natural looking and more comfortable than ever. Over time, your denture will need to be relined, remade or rebased as a result of normal wear. Can be made into full or partials.
- Enamel Reshaping & Contouring: Teeth reshaping is one of the most convenient, cost-effective options for fixing chipped, uneven or poorly aligned teeth to create a more attractive smile. To reshape or contour teeth, a dentist gently removes tooth enamel with a laser or drill. Before starting the treatment, according to the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD), the dentist X-rays the teeth to check the location and amount of pulp. Next he or she trims misshapen areas, shortening excessively long teeth or altering badly shaped teeth to even them out for proper bite and alignment. The teeth are then smoothed and polished.
- Other Periodontal Procedures: We can also help with an uneven gum line, teeth that look too short or too long, exposed roots, indentations in your gums or jawbone, etc. Something concerning you about the appearance of your smile? Let's talk about it and we'll see what we can do and help you through the process making sure to explain all the pros and cons. We'll work together to find the best solution fit for you and your situation.
Call our office at 414-321-9900 for more information regarding our services or schedule an appointment. We'd love to help restore your smile! Use Code:WDCSMILES for $100 off towards your visit. Leave a comment to start the conversation. We're happy to connect.